(WJBF) – The NewsChannel 6 VIPIR 6 Weather Team is tracking heavy rain and potential severe weather across the CSRA.
Flood Warning for streams and rivers in Washington and Johnson County goes until further notice. An Areal Flood Watch goes until 8AM Monday for Wilkes, Taliaferro, Hancock, Warren, Glascock, and Jefferson County.
Earlier Sunday, tornadic activity was reported in Hancock County. Originally located in Underwood, 9 miles NE of Milledgeville. 1″ hail has also been confirmed in Hancock County and several other locations in the CSRA, including the metro.
There is still a threat of excessive rainfall and severe weather through Monday afternoon. The biggest concerns being flooding, hail, and damaging winds. The tornado threat is low.
Stay ALERT with the FREE App
Take the power and reliability of WJBF Live VIPIR 6 with you wherever you go! Download the FREE app from WJBF and be prepared when severe or wintry weather strikes. Get the CSRA’s most accurate forecast and stay alert when you sign up for VIPIR 6 Alerts.
- Customizable severe weather alerts up to 15 minutes faster than any other weather app
- Integrated weather alerts with Baron Tornado Index (BTI) rankings built-in*
- Interactive radar with 24-hour futurecast, pan and zoom, and interactive overlays
- Visible and infrared satellite cloud imagery
- Current conditions based on your location
- Hourly and extended forecasts in both quick view or detailed format
- Customizable locations by zip or city, up to 16 locations including your current location
- Regional and nationwide temperature map
*The Baron-exclusive alerts are accompanied by a simple 1-to-10 ranking on the likelihood of a tornado with the approaching storm cell. Called the Baron Tornado Index (BTI), this ranking is more local and accurate than regional alerts.