It's going to be a hot and sunny day across the CSRA. After a muggy morning, we'll see highs jump into the mid 90s with mostly sunny skies. Heat index values will feel like the triple digits by the afternoon, so make sure you're intentional about staying hydrated and cool throughout the day. We're only going to get warmer as we move into the middle of the week. A ridge of high pressure across the eastern US will bring highs to the upper 90s and possibly the triple digits by Wednesday. This week will likely be the hottest of 2018 so far. Rain chances will be minimal for the next few days. By the second half of the week, the ridge will begin to break down. This will allow temperatures to drop back to the low to mid 90s and rain chances will return to the region.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop