Augusta, Ga. (WJBF) – UPDATE: The victim has been identified as 52-year-old Melissa Faison.
One person is dead after being struck by a vehicle on the 1600 block of Gordon Highway. That’s near Waffle House.
The call came in Friday around 2:45 am. The Richmond County Coroner confirms the person killed is a woman but their identity has not been released.
NewsChannel 6 talked with an employee at Waffle House who says he witnessed the whole thing.
“I realized oh my goodness there was a lady coming across the road. When I went out there, I realized a vehicle had hit this lady, so when I went out there I rendered aid and saw if I could pick up a tag to see if it was a hit and run and I rendered assistance,” said Tommy Boone, Witness.
No word on if charges will be pressed against the driver.
- Second study testing a COVID-19 antibody drug reports setback
- Man, pregnant woman injured after someone opens fire on car
- Battling false information: Where to go for facts before Election Day
- Augusta mayor wants no Sheriff’s Office cut
- Local ‘Beetlejuice house’ returns for Halloween season