FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A single mother in Fayetteville has garnered a ton of attention on social media for having taught her daughter, who has cerebral palsy, how to walk.
The video with Shanell Jones and her daughter Kinley has been viewed more than a million times since the beginning of the year.
“I’ve always been the type of person to prove somebody wrong, and she has it in her to do the same thing,” Jones said. “That was just No. 1 on my list, priority. No matter what, she’s going to walk.”
Kinley also has epilepsy. Jones posted videos of Kinley’s progression in learning to walk. She said she didn’t expect the videos to take off. She said some have reached out to say they’ve given them hope.
Stay up to date with the WJBF News App. Click HERE to download.
- Kemp declares State of Emergency, authorizes activation of 1,000 National Guard Troops
- Convention countdown: How coronavirus is impacting preps for RNC in Florida, DNC in Wisconsin
- ‘It’s been a struggle:’ Myrtle Beach hotels see spike in cancellations following new travel advisory
- Atlanta mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms contracts COVID-19
- Lawmakers urge studies on how trauma, post-traumatic stress impacts police officers’ use of force