JACKSBORO, Tenn. (WATE) – Superstar Jennifer Lopez and former MLB MVP Alex Rodriguez are making a huge impact in one East Tennessee community.
Jennifer Lopez announced on her Instagram Wednesday that she and her husband, former baseball star Alex Rodriguez, have donated one year’s worth of food to Jacksboro Elementary School after a Jacksboro first-grade teacher’s viral Facebook post about the faculty buying students food to take home.
In a post on Instagram, Lopez and Rodriguez are seen face-timing with Jacksboro teacher Brooke Goins, who made the viral social media post, saying they were both moved to tears by the teachers.
The two recently launched frozen meal company, Tiller & Hatch, and decided to send one year’s worth of prepared meals to the school’s food pantry, saying that no child should ever have to go to sleep hungry.
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Kid Rock, golfer John Daly asked to mask up in the audience at final presidential debate
- Man arrested in North Carolina in May accused of threatening to kill Joe Biden
- Hurricane Epsilon loses some strength as it will stay out to sea. – Check out the latest.
- New Augusta Transit Center now open