UPDATE: (WJBF) – Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms released the following statement over Twitter this past weekend:
Governor Kemp’s office has responded with: “I think the lawsuit makes it clear that the Mayor’s tweets are inaccurate.”
ATLANTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Governor Brian Kemp and Attorney General Chris Carr filed a lawsuit against the Atlanta City Council and Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms.
“This lawsuit is on behalf of the Atlanta business owners and their hardworking employees who are struggling to survive during these difficult times. These men and women are doing their very best to put food on the table for their families while local elected officials shutter businesses and undermine economic growth. Just like sending in the Georgia National Guard to protect those living in our capital city from crime and violence, I refuse to sit back and watch as disastrous policies threaten the lives and livelihoods of our citizens. We will fight to stop these reckless actions and put people over pandemic politics.”Governor Brian Kemp
Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms fired back on twitter
Stay tuned to WJBF NewsChannel 6 for more information on this developing story.
LATEST NEWS STORIES
- New streetlight fees could mean new bill for thousands.
- Cyber education prep school opening in Harrisburg this fall
- Background checks blocked a record high 300,000 gun sales in 2020
- Tennessee boy’s legs nearly severed in Missouri roller coaster accident
- More than 100,000 names to be removed from Georgia voter rolls