UPDATE: 34-year-old Mario Romero-Gonzales has been apprehended and charged with Murder in the death of 31-year-old Cristina Govea.
He was located and arrested in Evans.
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF ) – Police in Richmond County need your help finding a murder suspect.
34-year-old Mario Romero-Gonzales is accused of stabbing to death a woman last night.
The victim, 31-year-old Cristina Govea, was found dead at a home on the 3300 block of Millegeville Road.
Police are treating this as a domestic violence case.
Romero-Gonzales was last seen driving a white 2006 Infiniti QX56. It has since been located in Evans, though the search for Romero-Gonzales continues.
An autopsy will be performed on Tuesday.
If you know where Romero-Gonzalez is you’re urged to call 911.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Mets general manager admits sending explicit texts and images to female reporter, report says
- Thief berated mom for leaving kid in car he stole, police say
- House fire leaves Ellis Street home destroyed
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Biden to block Trump’s plan to lift COVID-19 European travel restrictions
- ‘It has been the greatest honor:’ first lady Melania Trump releases farewell message
- Deadly shooting investigation underway in Richmond County
- A second crash on Gordon Highway leaves two more people dead