#UPDATE | 7:45am | 02/13/2020| LINCOLNTON, Ga (WJBF) – The Lincoln County Coroner’s Office can confirm that 20-year old Aubrey Jedidiah Smith died in the fire at his residence on Sims Dr. last night.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the State Fire Marshal’s Office, The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office as well as the Lincoln County Coroner’s Office.
The residence was totally engulfed in flames when multiple area fire departments arrived.
Smith’s body will be transported to the GBI Division of Forensic Sciences, Decatur.
LINCOLNTON, Ga. (WJBF) – One man is dead following a house fire in Lincoln County.
His body was found in the remains on the 1000 block of Sims Road in Lincolnton.
Witnesses say they heard a loud explosion, but law enforcement officials have not confirmed that.
The name of the victim has not been released.
No word on what caused the fire.
NewsChannel6 has a crew on the scene and will bring you the latest updates when they become available.
- 156 dogs rescued in federal multi-county Georgia operation
- “The Office” star Brian Baumgartner makes his famous chili on “National Chili Day”
- Stand-Up comedian Mark Normand bringing the laughs to Augusta
- James Brown Boulevard reconstruction breaks ground
- Today is Pokémon Day!: Google announces the ‘Pokémon’ of the Year’