#UPDATE | 7:45am | 02/13/2020| LINCOLNTON, Ga (WJBF) – The Lincoln County Coroner’s Office can confirm that 20-year old Aubrey Jedidiah Smith died in the fire at his residence on Sims Dr. last night.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the State Fire Marshal’s Office, The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office as well as the Lincoln County Coroner’s Office.
The residence was totally engulfed in flames when multiple area fire departments arrived.
Smith’s body will be transported to the GBI Division of Forensic Sciences, Decatur.
LINCOLNTON, Ga. (WJBF) – One man is dead following a house fire in Lincoln County.
His body was found in the remains on the 1000 block of Sims Road in Lincolnton.
Witnesses say they heard a loud explosion, but law enforcement officials have not confirmed that.
The name of the victim has not been released.
No word on what caused the fire.
NewsChannel6 has a crew on the scene and will bring you the latest updates when they become available.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish was to not have a replacement chosen by Trump
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- Football Friday Night | Week 3
- 59-year-old basic training grad set to join son’s Army unit
- McConnell says he plans to push forward with Trump Supreme Court nominee