(CNN) – Get ready to hear that eerie noise that can only come from a cicada!
Experts say a massive amount of the noisy bugs are making their way to the skies after 17-years underground.
They believe as many as 1.5 million cicadas may emerge in parts of Virginia, West Virginia and North Carolina.
The insects do not pose a threat to people.
They don’t bite or sting.
But they could damage trees.
- Columbia County Graduation commences at Lady Antebellum Pavilion
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Home security scammers lurking in the CSRA
- Kemp’s new plan and public health emergency extension
- Patrons under plastic: Restaurants get creative in virus era