EVANS, Ga. (WJBF) – Columbia County wants to keep you active during the pandemic.
The MOVE Columbia County initiative launched in April of this year, but has shifted gears to allow for more social distancing. The initiative currently includes Move-It Monday walking groups, free weekend workouts at Evans Towne Center Park and a weekly blog offering healthy recipes and tips.
“We’re really trying to promote health in the community especially outside and we want people of all ages to be their healthiest and happiest. Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves,. Everyone loves to be outside especially if they aren’t ready to go back to a gym or they just want to spen time outside, its just been great,” says Caroline Mooney, Health & Welness Specialist for Columbia County
MOVE, which is sponsored by Rec Tec Grills, will have a new addition soon. Wellness Wednesdays start on August 26th for learn-from-home students aged 5 to 12.
For specific times and locations for these events, CLICK HERE.
MORE ‘STRONGER TOGETHER’ STORIES:
- Community comes together to rescue stuck kitten
- One of a kind school teaches students about agriculture
- Jefferson County and healthcare workers work together to keep virus at bay
- SOL Himalayan Salt Cave & Spa continues to keep residents relaxed during the pandemic
- MOVE Columbia County initiative aims to keep residents Stronger Together
- Harlem mother & daughter pageant queens are Stronger Together
- Harlem Museum and Welcome Center showcases town’s illustrious history
- Gumlog Gym renovated to serve as safe space for local youth