DEARING, Ga. (WJBF) – Georgia has its first robotic dairy farm and it’s right here in McDuffie County.
Hillcrest Farms is a fourth generation, family-operated dairy farm located in Dearing, Georgia.
Unlike other farms in the state, Hillcrest uses state-of-the-art robots for milking the cows.
This process allows the cows to volunteer to be milked when they want.
Hillcrest is now offering tours of its robotic observation center and a farm tour by trolley.
“We are your farmers and I learned this and worked really hard at prompting this. We are your farmers. I want you to know your farmer, your local farmer, where all your milk comes from and I think it’s a great opportunity for you and your family to see that it doesn’t come from a store…it comes from a real farm here in Georgia,” said farmer Mark Rodgers.
For more info on Hillcrest Farms or to set up a tour CLICK HERE
MORE ‘STRONGER TOGETHER’ STORIES:
- Harlem mother & daughter pageant queens are Stronger Together
- Harlem Museum and Welcome Center showcases town’s illustrious history
- Gumlog Gym renovated to serve as safe space for local youth
- The Swainsboro Spider-Man: helping residents stay Stronger Together
- Dana’s Recovery Room gets medical supplies to those in need
- Burke County Sheriff Williams becomes author
- Farmer from Burke County awarded grant by national farmers coalition