EVANS, Ga. (WJBF) -- Sadie Joiner is one of the highest achieving students at Greenbrier High School. She will graduate this spring in the top ten in her class with a 4.0 GPA.
Joiner also shined on the volleyball court the past few seasons as a defensive specialist for the Wolfpack. As a senior, she helped guide Greenbrier to a 46-3 record and trip to the Elite Eight. It was a tremendous final season for Joiner, who grew remarkably as a volleyball player and student after not making the team as a freshman.
"It made me work hard," Joiner said. "I don't expect to receive anything. I had to work for it, and I earned that position because I worked so hard."
"She was really determined to make the team," Joiner's mother, Jody Joiner, said. "She did extra practices and [received] extra coaching. She went to pickup games everywhere they played. Anywhere they threw a net up she would go play."
"She is so determined," Joiner's father, Mitchel Joiner, said. "[I'm very proud] that she didn't give up and kept chasing it."
Joiner plans to attend Georgia Southern University this fall where she will major in engineering.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop