AIKEN, S.C. (WJBF) - USC Aiken men's basketball coach Mark Vanderslice is hosting his first of two scheduled summer basketball camps this week.
The coed camps are for children ages 8-16.
"It's about more than just basketball," Vanderslice said. "This is a community of supporters, and we want to give back to the community as well. When these kids come in here they want to be able to take something away from a basketball camp that's more than just basketball."
"It just makes me so happy to know my message is getting to them, and they're taking it and using it," former USC Aiken All-Conference forward, Arbry Butler, said. "It's just all smiles all day for me."
This week's camp concludes Thursday, but there's a second session scheduled to begin July 30th. For more information on how to sign up, please click here.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop