AUGUSTA, Ga (WJBF) – Lakeside senior Kennedy Powell is one of the brightest student-athletes in the Panthers 2021 senior class.
She has the ninth best grade point average with a 4.0 GPA and taking 9 AP classes.
Powell is also the editor in chief of the student yearbook, and also belongs to countless amounts of organizations and clubs.
She joined the Panthers junior varsity volleyball team as an eight grader and has played four years on the varsity lacrosse team.
Kennedy says she just wants to enjoy the memories of her senior year and not take anything for granted.
“I just want the memories of sports that I have cherished for so many years, I guess my goal is to play every second as it’s my last game especially with all of the uncertainty in the world right now you never know what’s going to happen,” said Powell.
Kennedy hopes to attend the University of Georgia next year.
MORE SCHOLAR ATHLETES:
- Scholar Athlete Award: Edmund Burke’s Morgan Clark
- Scholar Athlete Award: Burke County’s Lillian King
- Scholar Athlete Award: Hephzibah’s Erick Harris
- Scholar Athlete Award: Greenbrier’s Megan Steinmeyer
- Scholar Athlete Award: Evans’ senior Lauren Kraft
- Scholar Athlete Award: Lakeside’s Kennedy Powell
- Scholar Athlete of the Week: Harlem’s Cedric Cullars