NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. (WJBF) - When Logan Baldwin was selected by the San Francisco Giants in the 2017 MLB draft, he knew he would have the chance to begin his professional career in his home state and less than two hours from where he played college baseball.
The Georgia Southern grad grew up north of Atlanta in Ringgold, Ga.
"It means a lot being able to play right next to where I went to college and close to home," Baldwin said. "It's cool having a lot of fans here who know me from Georgia Southern. If we're playing at home there's usually someone here watching. My family comes down if we have a home series on the weekend, and my friends from school come up a good bit as well."
Baldwin has enjoyed success in his first full season as a pro as well. He has a .257 batting average with 22 extra base hits, including four home runs. He also has nine outfield assists.
He said he wants to continue showing improvement this season, but the main goal is to compete for a championship.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop