NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. (WJBF) - The Augusta GreenJackets picked up their first win at SRP Park, 2-1, over Lexington on Friday night.
Augusta GreenJackets Press Release:
The Augusta GreenJackets got a 2-1 victory on Friday night, the first win at SRP Park. A couple of key moments from Jean Angomas led the GreenJackets to victory.
In the first inning, Angomas threw out Cal Jones of the Legends at the plate from left field. This kept a run off the board, one that proved to be crucial by the end of the game.
In the second inning, with Orlando Garcia at third and Robert Calabrese at second with two outs, Angomas shined again. This time he took a fastball back up the middle for a single to center field that scored two for the GreenJackets. The only two runs they would put up all game.
On the defensive side, the GreenJackets pitching dominated. Jose Marte was impressive over his six innings of work, in which he only gave up four hits and a run. Marte’s velocity stayed consistent all night with his fastball reaching upwards of 95 mph.
In the seventh inning, Franklin Van Gurp was given the ball out of the bullpen. In his three innings of work, he retired all nine batters he faced, while striking out six of them.
The GreenJackets will be back in action tomorrow night at 6:05 pm. At the conclusion of the game, SRP Park will be having its first ever fireworks show!
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect