NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. (WJBF) -- - After a rainout on Saturday, the Rumble on the River was pushed to Monday evening at SRP Park in North Augusta, for the first mix martial arts tournament held at the ball park. Seven fights in total, along with several amateurs competing for the $25,000 one-year contract with King of the Cage.
Augusta native Alexa Weichert made her MMA debut, defeating her opponent within 29 seconds of the first round, earning her the Superfight Amateur title.
"I was just ready to fight just I've been told I was going to get to fight twice got my hands wrapped twice warmed up twice and it didn't happen,"said Weichert. "I'm so grateful all the glory to God I have so much support so I'm very happy."
- Florida woman pulls gator from pants during stop
- Pizza for breakfast is healthier than cereal, nutritionist claims
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes