AIKEN, S.C. (WJBF) - South Aiken's Melvin McKie signed a national letter of intent to continue his basketball career with his hometown USC Aiken Pacers.
McKie said he played a few pick-up games at USC Aiken in early June and felt right at home, so it was a no-brainer to sign as soon as they offered.
"It feels great because I'm representing my city, fans [and] family," McKie said.
McKie averaged a team-high 15 points per game and led the Thoroughbreds to the Upper State finals as a senior last season.
"I just want to get better with myself and my game because I know at the next level you have to be better," McKie said. I know I have to prove myself all over again, so I'm trying to do the best I can and be the best person I can at the end of the year."
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop