GROVETOWN, Ga. (WJBF) - JQ Brown is one of the top running backs in the state of Georgia.
After rushing for more than 1,400 yards and 20 touchdowns as a junior at Greenbrier last season, Brown enrolled at Grovetown and was named preseason all-state.
Brown runs with a toughness not many can match because not many have endured what he has.
When Brown was in sixth grade, his 4-month-old sister, Ayliah, passed away. He continues to pour himself into everything he does to honor her.
"It motivates me a lot," Brown said. "When I'm on the field, or in the classroom and don't feel like doing something, I think about her and ask myself, 'What would she do?' She would want me to go hard and go out there and get it."
"I love that he keeps his sister in his heart," Brown's mother, Tironza Carter, said. "That's something he will never forget. Most people forget loved ones as the years pass, but he never forgot his sister."
Ayliah's memory lives on through the entire family, and Brown will carry her legacy wherever he decides to play college football.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Local businesses remind shoppers not to forget them when you holiday shop
- One person dead in North Augusta shooting
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect