(WJBF) - With over 70% of precincts reporting, Georgians are showing overwhelming support for statewide ballot questions and referendums.
Out of the ballot questions, "Marsy's Law" is one that is already instituted in some states nationwide. The law would give victims of violent crime the right to be updated on the outcome and future of their perpetrator's court cases. Over 80% of Georgians casting a ballot support the referendum.
Another widely supported bill, The "Stewardship Bill", creates a trust fund to protect water quality, wildlife habitat and parks. Almost 85% of Georgians voted in favor of the trust fund, keeping the natural areas of the Peach State natural thanks to state funding.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- A woman is in jail accused of killing her husband.
- Aiken County Board of Education's agenda before the holiday break
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect