THOMSON, Ga (WJBF) – One woman is dead after a shooting in Thomson.
It happened Tuesday evening at a home on the 300 block of Thomas Avenue.
When police arrived, they found the victim, now identified as 40-year-old Michelle Ansley, shot in the leg. Ansley later died at the hospital.
The McDuffie County Deputy Coroner Paul Johnson states that the bullet entered her leg, travelling upward toward the abdomen, where it caused extensive damage.
The suspect in this case is a man who says he was cleaning his gun when it accidentally discharged.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Governor Kemp backs Natalie Paine for District Attorney during CSRA visit
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- Trump receives third nomination for Nobel Peace Prize
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting