The city of Augusta will continue its celebration of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday weekend with its annual parade through downtown Saturday. The parade is sponsored by the Augusta branch of the NAACP.
According to a release from the city, the parade will begin at 11am Saturday morning at the Dyess Park Community Center on James Brown Boulevard. The parade will proceed south on James Brown Boulevard, then west onto Wrightsboro Road, then north onto Augusta Avenue. From there the parade will travel east onto Laney-Walker Boulevard, north onto 11th Street and finally east onto D'Antignac Street.
A viewing stand with be located in front of Lucy Laney Stadium.
There will also be a special presentation to Augusta Recreation, Parks & Facilities and the Augusta Branch of the NAACP by the Buffalo Soldiers at 10:30 a.m. in front of Dyess Park.
For more information, please contact the City of Augusta Special Events Office 706-821-1754.
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop