(BLUFFTON, S.C.) - - A couple of alligators are turning heads in the Lowcountry.
There are two gators in the pond at the Cypress Ridge community in Bluffton, and there's a fairly reasonable explanation for their color.
The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources says the gator's orange hue has likely come from hibernating in water that contains rust.
Officials say that eventually, the gators will turn back into their original color.
Dog shoots owner in the back during...
20-pound "goldfish" reeled in using...
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him