HARLAN, Iowa (AP) – A Kansas man has asked an Iowa judge to let him engage in a sword fight with his ex-wife and her attorney so that he can “rend their souls” from their bodies.
David Ostrom, of Paola, Kansas, said in a January 3rd court filing that his former wife and her attorney had destroyed him legally.
The Ostroms have been embroiled in various disputes. His filing says the U.S. has never explicitly banned trial by combat.
Her attorney asked the judge to reject the request. The judge says he won’t be issuing any decisions soon, citing irregularities with both sides’ motions and responses.
Stay up to date with the WJBF News App. Click HERE to download.
- 2020 Nike EYBL Peach Jam cancelled
- Protesters gather on Wrightsboro Road Saturday for a peaceful march
- Live VIPIR 6 Weather Forecast 5/30/20 PM
- Several take to the streets in Augusta following death of man in police custody out of state
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 31