HARLAN, Iowa (AP) – A Kansas man has asked an Iowa judge to let him engage in a sword fight with his ex-wife and her attorney so that he can “rend their souls” from their bodies.
David Ostrom, of Paola, Kansas, said in a January 3rd court filing that his former wife and her attorney had destroyed him legally.
The Ostroms have been embroiled in various disputes. His filing says the U.S. has never explicitly banned trial by combat.
Her attorney asked the judge to reject the request. The judge says he won’t be issuing any decisions soon, citing irregularities with both sides’ motions and responses.
Stay up to date with the WJBF News App. Click HERE to download.
- How to navigate awkward political conversations ahead of inauguration
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Live VIPIR 6 Forecast Sunday January 17, 2021