WAYNESBORO, Ga (WJBF) – The City of Waynesboro has scheduled an event to honor the life of Ahmaud Arbery.
Arbery was fatally shot in Brunswick on February 23rd after a pursuit by Gregory and Travis McMichael, a white father and son, who told police they thought he was a burglar. The men were arrested more than two months later and charged with felony murder.
The “I Run & Walk with Maud” event is scheduled for Saturday, May 16th at 10:00am.
It will begin on Brentwood Drive at Huddle House and proceed to Old Court House for a presentation and balloon release.
Participants are asked to please wear a mask and social distancing guidelines will be enforced.
- Fireworks celebrations and sale increases across the CSRA for Independence Day
- Augusta firefighters save residents from apartment building fire
- A friendship to remember: A failed cattle dog and a downed calf won’t leave each other’s side
- $800 Million in grants going to 347 airports in 46 states and 4 territories
- Coach Dawn Staley awaits Olympics, focuses on South Carolina