EDGEFIELD COUNTY, S.C. (WJBF) - Road work on US Highway 25, in Edgefield County, could finally be finished by next year.
WJBF NewsChannel 6 has learned delays have pushed the completion date on the widening project to January 2019.
To accommodate the increase in traffic on the rural road, the South Carolina Department of Transportation is expanding the road to 4 lanes.
The improvements are part of the state's 10-year plan to make roads safer for drivers.Count on WJBF NewsChannel 6 for the latest on this developing story.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Local businesses remind shoppers not to forget them when you holiday shop
- One person dead in North Augusta shooting
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect