LA MARQUE, Tex (WKRG/CNN) - It was just another day for 18-year-old Evoni Williams as she worked at the Waffle House in La Marque Texas.
“That’s me all the time giving helping serving,” said Williams.
She’s been working there since graduating high school, saving up for college, KTRK reported.
But on March 3rd what she did for a sick elderly customer was captured in a photo that went viral. Surveillance video from that day shows what she did for Adrian Charpentier who was unable to cut a portion of his breakfast. “I had no coordination feeling or strength in my hands,” Charpentier said.
He kindly asked Evoni if she could help. Even though Evoni was extremely busy he didn’t hesitate, “I was never raised to bash people I was raised to help and try to give ..give blessings”
And now the blessings are coming her way. She and her mother were brought to tears when she was presented with a 16-thousand dollar scholarship to Texas Southern University
The Latest: Boat victims mourned
Trump was taped talking of paying for
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop