Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- South Carolina offers free admission to all state parks on Friday
- Patient hospitalized for COVID-19 plays violin to thank caregivers while intubated
- Georgia Secretary of State blasts President Trump over Georgia Elections
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- WATCH: Southeastern Stream Live Week 10