STRUTHERS, OH (WKBN) - An Ohio man was arrested on Wednesday on charges of reckless homicide and child endangering.
According to investigators in Struthers, 37-year-old Alex Cherney may have fallen asleep and rolled over on his young child while they were on the couch. The child died as a result, according to police.
This happened on November 24, 2017.
The charges came after an autopsy and investigation of the child's death.
Cherney is being held in the Mahoning County Jail, and he's scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday morning.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop