(NEXSTAR) – Golfer John Daly and musician Kid Rock spaced themselves a couple of seats apart at the final presidential debate between former Vice President Joe Biden and President Donald Trump on Thursday, but masking up appears to have taken a little convincing.
Getty Images photographer Chip Somodevilla captured images of the celebrity Trump supporters browsing their smartphones without masks before the event in Nashville.
According to captions on Somodevilla’s photos, the entertainers – known for partying and bending norms – had to be asked to mask up before the candidates took the stage.
While the masks were finally put on, the social distancing measures didn’t last long, as evidenced by a profanity-laced tweet sent by Daly a short time later.
Both men have appeared with Trump at events in the past.
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- How to cook safely this Thanksgiving
- Isolated storms for Thanksgiving. – Check here for your forecast
- One historic Augusta restaurant following city’s mask ordinance while offering holiday meal for families
- Faith leaders and ‘Black Voters Matter’ give away hundreds of Thanksgiving meals and register people to vote