YORK COUNTY, Maine (WJW) — A police dog helped reunite a missing child with her parents on Monday.
According to a post on the Maine State Police Facebook page, K-9 Dutch and Trooper Zachary Fancy were requested by the York County Sheriff’s Office to track a kindergartener who had run off into the woods during recess.
State police said K-9 Dutch began the track from the child’s jacket. He continued deeper into the woods and thick brush.
The post said that after Dutch tracked for over half a mile, he began showing signs the child wasn’t far away.
K-9 Dutch continued tracking and found the child sitting on a rock with no shoes, crying.
Troopers brought the child out of the woods and she was reunited with her parents.
LATEST IN CSRA NEWS
- SC House passes bill to ticket slow left lane drivers
- Barnwell mask requirement still in effect
- Cat Musgrove on Dolce Darlin’ and rebuilding a shattered life
- Missing Aiken County man case, now a murder investigation
- Paine College has a chance to win thousands for campus improvements. Here’s how you can help: