CULVER CITY, Calif. (WSAV) - Alex Trebek sent a message to fans Thursday, thanking them for thinking of him as he battles cancer.
It’s been just over a week since the longtime “Jeopardy” host announced he’s battling stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
“I just want to take a few moments to say thanks to the – believe it or not – hundreds of thousands of people who have sent in tweets, texts, emails, cards and letters wishing me well following my recent health announcement,” he said. “I’ve heard from former contestants – even Watson, the IBM computer, sent me a get well card.”
Trebek says he’s thankful for the prayers, advice and messages he’s received. He told viewers that although he can’t respond to everyone, he reads everything.
Trebek says he intends to keep working on the show and fight the disease, beating the low survival rate statistics that come with it.
“I’m a lucky guy,” his message concluded.
- Pizza for breakfast is healthier than cereal, nutritionist claims
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood