MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) - Deputies seized about half a million dollars worth of high-grade marijuana during a traffic stop on I-10 on Friday.
The Mobile County Sheriff's Office pulled over a driver at around 11:00 a.m. who was traveling to Miami in a rental car.
Investigators say the 26-year-old from Colorado will be charged with trafficking marijuana, but they have not yet released his name.
The sheriff's office says it recovered 110 pounds of the high-grade pot. Each pound is valued at $4,500. A pound of regular marijuana is valued at closer to $300-$400.
During the traffic stop, deputies say they also seized about 1,200 of THC vape juice.
Dog found with mouth taped shut...
‘I'm a lucky guy' Alex Trebek thanks...
- Pizza for breakfast is healthier than cereal, nutritionist claims
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood