(WCMH) - An Indiana woman went ahead and had her wedding photos taken in memory of her fiance, who was killed by an alleged drunk driver.
The photos were taken by Loving Live Photography on the day Jessica Padgett was supposed to marry her fiance Kendall Murphy.
Murphy was a volunteer firefighter who was killed by another volunteer firefighter who police say responded to a crash scene while drunk.
On what was supposed to be her wedding day, Padgett put on her dress and makeup and took a somber set of pictures. In some of the photos, she poses with some of her fiance's firefighter gear and kneels over his grave.
Photographer Mandi Knepp said she hopes the photos will help others going through a tragic loss.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect