WASHINGTON (AP) - Miami International Airport will close one of its terminals over the weekend because of a shortage of TSA screeners.
The security checkpoints in Terminal G will be closed after 1:00pm Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
The spokesperson says they have about 40 TSA officers call out sick on a normal day....but in the last couple of days that number has doubled.
TSA managers aren't confident they will have enough workers to operate all checkpoints during normal hours.
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high