ATLANTA, Ga. (WJBF) – A 4th Georgia Senator tested positive for COVID-19.
State senator and Georgia’s Democratic Party Chair, Nikema Williams is the latest lawmaker to have the coronavirus.
State Senators Bruce Thompson, Kay Kirkpatrick and Brandon Beach all tested positive and are now in self-quarantine.
It’s now been exactly a week since lawmakers were called for a special session to approve the Governor’s Public Health Emergency last Monday, when lawmakers in both Houses were present at the Georgia State Capitol.
They’re expected to reconvene April 15th.
LATEST NEWS STOREIS
- RCBOE to have a special called COVID-19 update meeting
- Governor Kemp backs Natalie Paine for District Attorney during CSRA visit
- Trump receives third nomination for Nobel Peace Prize
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Coronavirus surge: When will the fall COVID-19 spike hit?