ATLANTA, Ga. (WJBF) – A 4th Georgia Senator tested positive for COVID-19.
State senator and Georgia’s Democratic Party Chair, Nikema Williams is the latest lawmaker to have the coronavirus.
State Senators Bruce Thompson, Kay Kirkpatrick and Brandon Beach all tested positive and are now in self-quarantine.
It’s now been exactly a week since lawmakers were called for a special session to approve the Governor’s Public Health Emergency last Monday, when lawmakers in both Houses were present at the Georgia State Capitol.
They’re expected to reconvene April 15th.
LATEST NEWS STOREIS
- ‘Red paint’ on Augusta roadways is iron
- Gov. Kemp extends COVID-19 orders
- Oath Keeper charged in Capitol riot renounces group, but judge says she’s too dangerous for release
- Aiken County Sheriff’s Office investigating after body found near side of the road in Trenton
- Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan praises vaccination efforts in Augusta