WASHINGTON (ABC News) – President Donald Trump on Wednesday morning threatened that Republicans will try to close down social media platforms after Twitter, for the first time, added a fact check to his tweets, specifically ones concerning his unsubstantiated claims about mail-in voting fraud.
Trump said, in a tweet not naming any platforms, that “Republicans feel that Social Media Platforms totally silence conservative voices. We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen.”
On Tuesday evening, responding to Trump’s complaints about Twitter’s move, Missouri Republican Sen. Josh Hawley tweeted a similar threat.
- Fire on Battle Row in Augusta
- Judge Sets Club Shooter’s Bond at $4,000
- Higher fireworks sales may mean more people in the emergency room with injuries
- Man wanted for questioning in criminal trespassing at UHaul facility
- Fireworks return to Mount Rushmore