AUGUSTA, Ga. (PRESS RELEASE) - The Augusta Symphony is proud to announce a return command performance featuring Sutton Foster and the Augusta Symphony at this year's Augusta Symphony Gala fundraiser Saturday, January 5 at the Miller Theater.
Ms. Foster, who opened the Miller last January with a brava performance, has graciously agreed to step in for Leslie Odom, Jr., who was forced to cancel his appearance due to a personal family issue.
Ms. Foster, a one-time Augusta resident, is a two-time Tony Award-winning performer, celebrated for her infectious roles in Thoroughly Modern Millie, Anything Goes, The Drowsy Chaperone and Young Frankenstein.
She also stars in in the popular television series 'Younger', for which she was nominated for a Critics Choice award.
"We are very pleased to welcome Sutton Foster back as our guest artist to bookend the first season in our new home," said Anne Catherine Murray, Executive Director of the Augusta Symphony.
For more information, call 706.842.4080.
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him