YORK, S.C. (AP) – A South Carolina woman pleaded guilty to fatally poisoning her husband by putting eye drops into his water for days.
She was sentenced to 25 years in prison. News outlets report 53-year-old Lana Sue Clayton pleaded guilty Thursday to voluntary manslaughter and tampering with a food or drug.
Lana Clayton admitted to giving her husband drinks laced with Visine. She poisoned him with Visine for three days in July 2018 before the poison eventually caused his death.
Lana Clayton says her husband was abusive and she didn’t mean to kill him. Prosecutors say she killed him for his money.
Stay up to date with the WJBF News App. Click HERE to download.
- USDA finalizes new food stamp work requirements
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election
- New city mic system to stay
- Ryan Newman walking around, playing with daughters in hospital 2 days after Daytona 500 wreck
- Accident with injuries on Washington Road