YORK, S.C. (AP) – A South Carolina woman pleaded guilty to fatally poisoning her husband by putting eye drops into his water for days.
She was sentenced to 25 years in prison. News outlets report 53-year-old Lana Sue Clayton pleaded guilty Thursday to voluntary manslaughter and tampering with a food or drug.
Lana Clayton admitted to giving her husband drinks laced with Visine. She poisoned him with Visine for three days in July 2018 before the poison eventually caused his death.
Lana Clayton says her husband was abusive and she didn’t mean to kill him. Prosecutors say she killed him for his money.
Stay up to date with the WJBF News App. Click HERE to download.
- Mother charged with fatally stabbing 5-year-old girl in Chicago
- Amazon to kick off holiday shopping with October Prime Day
- Aiken County crash blocks lanes on I-20
- Joe Montana, wife stop woman who tried to kidnap 9-month-old grandchild from their home
- Grandma dubbed ‘Zoom Karen’ goes viral after interrupting virtual class to blast BLM, Obama