COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - A woman has died following an accident at [a] construction site in South Carolina.
Richland County Coroner Gary Watts tells media outlets 49-year-old Diane M. Smith of Lumberton, North Carolina, was working on a scissor lift at a construction site on Tuesday afternoon.
Watts says Smith got trapped between the ceiling and the railing of the lift, crushing her. She was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration was notified of the incident.
Corrections Department spokesman Jeff Taillon says Smith was working on a project for the South Carolina Department of Mental Health.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Burke County accident blocks traffic on Highway 25
- Drop-in Thanksgiving lunch held in New Ellenton, South Carolina
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect