COLUMBIA, S.C. (WJBF) – The suspect involved in an officer involved shooting at Allen University in Columbia has been identified as a Bamberg County man.
Investigators say 25-year-old Craishun Le Troy Nickens of Denmark originally gave law enforcement false identification and information during his arrest on Friday, September 11.
His true identity was found by SLED investigators through fingerprint analysis in the National Crime Information Center database.
Nickens is charged with Felon in Possession of a firearm, Pointing and Presenting firearms at a person, Carrying or displaying firearms in public building or adjacent areas, and Giving false information to law enforcement.
He also had other outstanding warrants for his arrest prior to Friday’s incident.
Nickens is being held at the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.
SLED’s investigation into the shooting is still ongoing.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Local family raises money for playmates for CHOG in honor of late son
- Civil rights leader Rev. Robert Graetz passes away at 92
- Catalytic converter thieves hit Richmond, Columbia counties
- First responders on the front lines face danger due to coronavirus pandemic
- Missouri 18-year-old finds fossilized mastodon tooth in river
- DOJ labels NYC, Seattle, Portland as cities ‘permitting violence,’ weighs pulling federal funds
- VIDEO: Thousands of starfish wash up on Navarre Beach after Hurricane Sally
- SEC releases policies for cancelled, rescheduled football games