(WJBF) – The start of high school sports in South Carolina has been pushed back due to the increase in positive COVID-19 cases in the state.
Wednesday, the South Carolina High School League voted to move the start of competition from August to September.
Under the plan the start of practices has been pushed back from July 30th to August 17th. The first football games would be played September 11th, with a seven-game regular season.
Playoffs would begin Oct. 30th
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Child tax credit: Enhanced credit could be extended through 2025
- Man fatally shot by sheriff’s deputy in Elizabeth City, North Carolina
- Father angry after teacher cuts biracial daughter’s hair
- Augusta man arrested for Child Cruelty after toddler ends up in ICU
- DOJ to open Minneapolis police probe, says AP source
- WATCH: Pelosi thanks George Floyd for ‘sacrificing’ his life for justice
- Biden says employers should give paid time off for vaccinations, US set to hit goal of 200M doses in 100 days
- South Georgia jailer arrested on enticement charge, fired