(WJBF) – The start of high school sports in South Carolina has been pushed back due to the increase in positive COVID-19 cases in the state.
Wednesday, the South Carolina High School League voted to move the start of competition from August to September.
Under the plan the start of practices has been pushed back from July 30th to August 17th. The first football games would be played September 11th, with a seven-game regular season.
Playoffs would begin Oct. 30th
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Study: Moderna coronavirus vaccine appears safe, shows signs of working in older adults
- Viewers’ Guide: Trump, Biden meet in Ohio for 1st debate
- Parents petition for full time, face to face learning in Columbia County schools
- One injured in shooting on Basswood Drive in Augusta
- One dead, one injured in shooting on Olive Rd. in Augusta
- Three teens charged in alleged rape of 13-year-old
- JENNIE: Miracle Mile “Drive” coming up October 17
- Tampa International to be first US airport to offer COVID-19 testing in terminal