SC teen dies after being electrocuted

South Carolina News

ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – A teenager has died after he was electrocuted by a power line at his friend’s home in Anderson County.

First responders were called to Samuel Camp Road around 7:00 p.m. on October 20 for a report that a teenager had been electrocuted.

The teen was playing outside of a friend’s home with a metal pole when he struck the power line that provided power to the home, according to the Anderson County Coroner’s Office.

The victim, identified as 13-year-old Brayden Williford, was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

The coroner says the death has been ruled accidental.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories