GREENVILLE, Sc (WJBF) – Cybercrime investigators searched a South Carolina home in a nationwide effort to track down suspects accused of stealing more than $200,000 from a Florida school board.
Federal agents on Wednesday searched the Greenville home of a man who has been indicted in the scheme. The FBI has arrested two other suspects in Detroit and Puyallup, Washington.
Prosecutors say the crew used a website to trick a school board financial administrator, then used the information to obtain credit cards from a bank that does business with the Sumter County School Board in Florida.
Authorities say the suspects then went on a major shopping spree.
- President of Auburn University posts letter on the current state of the nation
- Stevens Creek Church reopens their doors for services
- Live VIPIR 6 Weather Forecast 5/31/20 PM
- Southern Souls Rescue gives away 14,000 pounds of dog food in an hour
- Virtual town hall on HIV, COVID-19, and mental health scheduled for June