GREENVILLE, Sc (WJBF) – Cybercrime investigators searched a South Carolina home in a nationwide effort to track down suspects accused of stealing more than $200,000 from a Florida school board.
Federal agents on Wednesday searched the Greenville home of a man who has been indicted in the scheme. The FBI has arrested two other suspects in Detroit and Puyallup, Washington.
Prosecutors say the crew used a website to trick a school board financial administrator, then used the information to obtain credit cards from a bank that does business with the Sumter County School Board in Florida.
Authorities say the suspects then went on a major shopping spree.
- Stand-Up comedian Mark Normand bringing the laughs to Augusta
- James Brown Boulevard reconstruction breaks ground
- Today is Pokémon Day!: Google announces the ‘Pokémon’ of the Year’
- $100,000 Palmetto Cash 5 Ticket Sold in New Ellenton
- Kobe Bryant handprints, other memorabilia up for auction