COLUMBIA, South Carolina (AP) — Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley says her sister-in-law has died after contracting the coronavirus.
Haley tweeted Tuesday evening that Rhonda Lee Nelson, sister of her husband Michael, “passed the day before Thanksgiving of Covid.”
An online obituary says Nelson was 53 years old, lived in West Milton, Ohio, and died November 25.
She was remembered as a singer and piano musician who “ministered to many inside and outside of the church.”
Haley provided no further details on Nelson’s death.
Nelson is one of 7,103 people who have died of coronavirus in Ohio.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Live VIPIR 6 Forecast Friday, April 16, 2021
- Arkansas man pleads guilty in death of 1-year-old found in plastic container
- Couple accused of filming porn on Myrtle Beach SkyWheel plead guilty to indecent exposure
- 8 dead in mass shooting at Indianapolis FedEx facility
- Pregnant during the pandemic: Barclay Bishop prepares for her special delivery
- Mayor Hardie Davis issues State of the City Address
- Gold Cross EMS hosting vaccine clinic at Daniel Field
- Asian-American lawmaker reacts to Marshall opposing bill to curb hate crimes