TAYLORS, S.C. (AP) - A man has died after he fell from a ladder at a construction site in South Carolina.
The Greenville County Coroner's office said in a news release that 39-year-old Denis V. Popa of Anderson died about an hour after he fell around 8:30 a.m. Tuesday from a construction site in Taylors.
Deputy Coroner Kent Dill said in a news release that Popa was working at a single-family home lot when he fell.
Popa was taken to Greer memorial Hospital where he died.
An autopsy is planned to determine how Popa died.
The coroner's office and sheriff's deputies are investigating the death.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man arrested after driving himself and victim to sheriff's office following fatal shooting
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop