COLUMBIA, SC (WSPA) - A Union woman says her craving for fried chicken is to thank for her $250,000 lottery win.
She stopped at the Kangaroo Express #3412 in Jonesville for chicken, but ended up buying a lottery ticket and filling up on a quarter-of-a-million dollars instead.
“I won! I won!” she was screaming on the phone with her daughters from the store’s parking lot.
When she walked through the front door with the winning ticket, her daughters were waiting, and a celebration broke out.
“We were all screaming, jumping up and down and hugging each other,” the winner said. “We wondered what to do next.”
The ladies got in the car and drove to Columbia to cash in the ticket. They turned off the radio and spent the whole ride talking and laughing together about Mom’s lottery win.
“You see other people win, but you never think it will be you,” said the winner.
Two top prizes of $250,000 remain in the $10 Lucky 10 game, at odds of 1 in 660,000.
For selling the claimed ticket, Kangaroo Express #3412 in Jonesville received a commission of $2,500.
McDonald's Coffee Assault
Willison Police search for wanted man
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him