S.C. (WJBF) – The South Carolina Department of Transportation reports eighty-three road closures statewide.
Most of the damage appears to be in the Upstate region. According to SCDOT, less than a dozen roads will need major repairs. The rest of the roads should be open after the water clears.
Crews will work through the night and tomorrow to open access to roads and assess further damage.
Drivers should be cautious driving and should not drive through flooded roadways or drive around barricades.
The roads below require major repairs:
- Timms Mills Rd. in Anderson County
- Young St. in Cherokee County
- Keith Dr. in Greenville County
- Oak Grove Rd. in Greenville County
- Richbourg Rd. in Greenville County
- Slater St. in Greenville County
- White Horse Rd. Ext. in Greenville County
- Cleveland Chapel Rd. in Spartanburg County