NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. (WJBF)- Congratulations to all of the bands in our South Carolina viewing area that competed in the state marching band competition on Saturday.
Here are the results.
- Batesburg-Leesville- 6th place with a score of 79.7
- Ridge Spring-Monetta- 7th place with a score of 79.4
- Barnwell- 16th place with a score of 67.8
- Saluda- 3rd place with a score of 81.75
- Silver Bluff- 5th place with a score of 81.1
- Fox Creek- 11th place with a score of 74.25
- Strom Thurmond- 16th place with a score of 69.0
- Aiken- 16th place with a score of 67.7
- North Augusta- 7th place with a score of 88.3
Original article below:
10/28/2033: With football season comes marching band season and nine bands in the WJBF NewsChannel 6 viewing area are headed to State Band Competition in Columbia Saturday, including the North Augusta High School Jacket Regiment.
Here is a list of their awards so far this year!
Lead by director, Chuck Deen, they’ve won two competitions so far with their show “Sinister.”
At the Mustang Classic at Midland Valley High School, they won Overall Grand Champions, Division (Class 3A and 4A) Grand Champions, 1st place in Class 4A, High Visual Award and High Overall Effect Award.
At the Silver Spirit Invitational at Silver Bluff High School, they won Overall Grand Champions, Division (Class 3A and 4A) Grand Champions, 1st Place in Class 4A, High Music Award and High Overall Effect Award.
At Lower State, they came in 3rd Place and won the High Music Award.
Barnwell High School, Ridge Spring Monetta High School, Batesburg-Leesville High School, Aiken High School, Strom Thurmond High School, Saluda High School, Fox Creek High School and Silver Bluff High School are also going to state.