WJBF Staff - LANCASTER, PA (AP) – Police say an extremely simple sketch helped investigators identify a suspect in a theft from a Pennsylvania farmers market.
Lancaster police say the suspect pretended to be an employee before stealing an undisclosed amount in cash from a stand inside Central Market last month.
A witness provided the minimalist black-and-white drawing to officers. Police say while the sketch was cartoonish, it helped remind an investigator of a potential suspect.
A photo of the suspect was given to the witness, who made a positive identification.
Police are searching for 44-year-old Hung Phuoc Nguyen, who is facing two counts of theft.
A spokesman for the police department says that as of Friday afternoon, Nguyen still hadn't been arrested.
Crews on scene of fire at North...
Overnight Fatal Shooting
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man arrested after driving himself and victim to sheriff's office following fatal shooting
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop